SCALABLE RAID CONTROLLER CARD
VirtuRAID RAID controller card differentiates from other cards on the market by scaling capacity and performance far more than currently possible with other cards on the market.
It can scale to 46 NVME SSDs and 552TB in a single RAID array, supporting RAID 0, 1, 5, 6, 10.
It can scale performance linearly as NVME drives are added to the array. Performance can be further increased by adding server RAM to a RAID array. In this configuration there are two levels of cache – server RAM acting as read cache and battery backed on-board cache acting as write cache. Considering that a single NVME drive can do 2 GBps throughput, scaling this throughput linearly across 46 cards would result in 92 GBps throughput at under 100 microsecond latencies.
It also supports the below features:
- Plug and play drives where new drives can be added and bad drives can be swapped live,
- Migrating a RAID array between controllers across different servers, and keeping the data intact,
- Support for any U.2 / U.3 drive,
- HBA and RAID mode,
- Support for OS boot,
- Multiple RAID arrays on the same card serving three different functions – primary storage RAID array, RAID array as cache for centralized storage connected to the physical server and local OS boot RAID array.
- Support for self-encrypted drives,
- Web based array and controller management.
VIrTURAID CONTROLLER AS A GENERAL PURPOSE RAID CONTROLLER
In this mode, the RAID controller card (with SAS/SATA/NVME drives) acts as in-server primary storage device.
VIRTURAID CONTROLLER AS AN IN-SERVER CACHE DEVICE
In this mode, the RAID controller RAIDs NVME SSDs along with some amount of server RAM, and on-board battery backed RAM. Hundreds of TeraBytes of NVME storage complemented with single digit TeraBytes of Server RAM and GigaBytes of on-board RAM can be used to cache large amounts of data from any centralized storage array.